As I’ve mentioned before, I used to be extremely picky. I lied. I am still extremely picky. I eat more foods now, but I still want what I want, how I want it, when I want it. So when I come up with all these recipes, the process goes something like this:
1. Something catches my eye in Google Reader. Title looks delicious!
2. Open the post. Pictures look delicious!
3. Read the recipe. Realize half the ingredients are disgusting (AKA not to be trusted). For example, bananas. Also, mayo. And peaches – don’t even get me started. And no, it’s not that I haven’t had them in season and fresh and from the local farmer that puts just a little bit of magic dust in with the seed. I’ve had the best of the best, and I have no interest in fuzzy fruit.
But the past 3 months my brain has deteriorated. I have all these fantastically delicious foods I want to share with you, but all the recipes are just a little off: The cookies were a little too melty, the granola was a little too sticky, the tomatoes were a little too roasted (artistically blackened, let’s call it). And these were supposed to be cookies, but they taste just like muffins:
So I gave up. I stopped blogging. I didn’t stop experimenting, but I sure as hell was not posting these disasters to the Internet. I love you all, and I wouldn’t want your precious graham crackers wasted on an only-irresistible-when-you’re-really-getting-into-the-Olympics-slash-drinking-party no-bake brownie bars.
1. Angela’s No Bake Peppermint Patty Bars – If you are a peppermint fiend like me, add 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract to the bar mixture in step 4 and use 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract in the chocolate in step 6.
2. Lauren’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Brownies – But trust me on this, double the cookie dough layer. So amazing. This was for a friend’s birthday. Don’t live off this, unless you want to stop spending all your money on food and start spending it on new pants.
3. Adrianna’s Avocado Hummus – Spread on sourdough toast, add turkey. Heaven. The absolute best way to use up questionably soft avocados.
4. Kelly’s Kale Chips – Add 1/4 tsp. cayenne. Yum.
5. Courtney’s Zucchini Latkes – All zucchini because yellow squash is gross.
6. Lucky Charms. Not a recipe, just essential. This is what I bought at the grocery store the other night at about 10 p.m. To answer your questions: Yes, that’s lemonade beer, and yes, it’s delicious. And yes, the water squirter is incredible, shoots a solid 20 feet, and I am extremely depressed that I left it at my parent’s house. #NeverGrowUp